Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ooey Gooey

Ooey Gooey was a worm,
A mighty worm was He.
He stepped upon a railroad track,
The train he did not see.

OOEY GOOEY!

Poetry has been added to my daughter's education.

She quotes this with gusto, especially the last line.

I woke up this morning quoting this inspiring line of poetry, as well. :-)

Since it has been running through my head, I have had the chance to derive several moral lessons from this deep and profound piece.

First, if your name is Ooey Gooey it is probably best to avoid the railroad tracks.

Second, even the mighty may miss obvious things, such as a huge train barreling down the tracks you stepped upon. So be careful the next time you cross a railroad track. If a mighty worm named Ooey Gooey could meet such an end, the rest of us mortals are indeed at risk.

Third, whoever planned this curriculum was a genius. Karis is hooked on poetry.

I can't wait to hear her quote more.

No comments: