Monday, March 15, 2010

Dustin took me out Friday night for my B-Day. We celebrated the day before because he had the day off and I had the bright idea that if we went jean shopping before we ate maybe I wouldn't be so tired.


Karis helped me pick out my outfit - wow she is getting big - and off we went to the local mall.


The first couple of stores were great, I didn't find anything, though. Even if I really do need the jeans I just couldn't bring myself to fork out exorbitant prices for the ones I liked.


By store three or four I was dragging.


And the temptation to get some ice cream, or a chocolate easter bunny was growing.


I was praying hard for strength to resist. He helped me to walk quickly by!


We had reached the mall at four, by five I felt like I had run a marathon and wanted to leave.


I was describing this feeling to my grandma the next day. She leaned forward in understanding and said, "I know exactly how you feel."


I loved her sympathy, but it didn't make me feel any better. You see, my grandma is 90! There is no way she felt like this when she was my age. In fact, I know she didn't. There is no one in my life that I can think of that had more energy than my grandma, and that was less than 20 years ago.


My mom assures me that the dragging feeling I have all the time is because of my immune system being compromised by cancer.


If that is the case then I say, "Cancer, GO AWAY!"


And that is the goal, to get rid of it by any means necessary.


But... back to my birthday... I got a little sidetracked. :-)


Dustin took me to HuHot, a mongolian BBQ. So yummy! And I ate my fill of vegies and protein.


We laughed as I selected the seasoning to pour on top.


Garlic flavored with black bean sauce.


Dustin was like, "You haven't had enough of that yet?"


I guess garlic four times a day and beans just don't get as old as I think they do. :-)






I forgot to take pictures at the restaurant, so here we are back home. My one purchase of the night was a new scarf on clearance. :-)
I love this picture. It's not the best of either of us, but to me, it shows the commitment of my husband. On the way home we were joking about money. He is the only one making a significant amount, but we both have never questioned that it is our money. After all, I work just as hard at home, until lately that is. I laughingly said, "well, I used to work for it, but now I'm really just a leach. I don't clean, cook, barely take care of the girls...." by the end I had tears in my eyes. It is so hard to be out of control of your own life.

Dustin quickly put an end to that line of thinking and made me love him just that much more by saying, "It doesn't matter to me what you do, Becca. What matters is that you are here. Working on getting better. I love you no matter how you feel."


That was the best birthday present I could have.
We did make one last stop at Target where I purchased this adorable purse (oops, I lied, I got two things that night) with a gift card Teresa sent me with the purpose of buying jeans. Sorry Teresa! But I love the purse, and knowing your purse fetish, I figured you wouldn't care. :-) So thank you very much. You have great taste!


The adorable candle in the picture is from Dustin's mom. I'm telling you, she has figured out my taste completely. I love it! She also babysat our girls, which was a great birthday present in itself.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

What a special birthday! I loved Dustin's answer. You are SO blessed!

Teresa :-) said...

I DO have great taste! Love the purse! Love you!