Friday, March 26, 2010

changing tides


These days my emotions are like the ocean tides. Up and down. Day in and day out.


This is as close as we get to the ocean here in the midwest, so this is the picture you get. :-)

Maybe it would be more appropriate to say that my emotions are like Iowa weather. 60 degrees one day and then snow the next.

Today is one of the snow days for me.

I'm not worse.

I still see signs of getting better.

But that doesn't keep the discouragement away.

A precious woman from church sent me a card the other day.

I've always wondered about cards when I pick them out.

Do people really read the sayings and poems on the front of them?

Is it worth going through a gazillion of them to find the perfect one?

I think it is.

On the front of this one there is a poem entitled "What God has Promised"

I'll sum it up.

He hasn't promised skies of blue, flower strewn pathways all our lives through.

He has promised strength for the day, rest for the weary, light for the way.

Grace for trials, help, sympathy, and His undying love.

That so ministered to me and was a good reminder.

Right now my skies aren't looking so blue, and my path is strewn with beans instead of flowers, but He never fails to give me strength to get through the day.

Enough energy to do what needs to get done.

And His love and sympathy never fail to amaze me.

Here is this huge God, Creator of the universe, and He cares about me.

It's very humbling.

And it also reminds me that with God on my side even the snowy days are able to be conquered!


2 comments:

Mindy said...

Beautiful ocean picture. But, your thoughts are more beautiful. I am so very, very thankful you are able to continually find your strength and comfort from the Lord. Praying, praying, praying!

Allison said...

I love the new look to your blog. I love your heart even more. I know that your heart reflects the picture on your blog and for that I am thankful. You are real, honest, and also thankful for all that you are enduring. I'm praying for you with all my heart. Praying for strength and patience as you go through life. :)