Friday, March 4, 2011

So.....

No matter how hard I try, weight seems to allude me.

The past three days have been ones battling the flu around here.

I've had it, the girls, my sisters....

Thankfully it hasn't been the "puking your guts out" kind, but I've had a really hard time getting food down and keeping it in.

Gone are the days I can lay there and refuse food.

Mom has made sure I've gotten at least 1400 calories in, despite a rolling stomach.

It is so hard not to get discouraged.

Add onto that the fact that I can't tolerate dairy yet.

Nothing major, but when flecks of blood started showing up again and I'm more congested I conceded to the obvious, yet again.

My body doesn't like dairy.

Or at least my lung doesn't.

Sigh.... no more chocolate milk....

I know God has a plan in all this, it's just hard to see at the moment.

Today I feel a little better - not great, but a little better.

Mainly I'm writing to pass on a couple of prayer requests.

First, my brother-in-law is in the hospital because he randomly started bleeding from his nose a few days ago. The doctors aren't positive what is causing it, but are hoping that it has been stopped. He will find out today or tomorrow, but we would appreciate prayers for healing.

Second, A precious family I know has had a close fellow believer falsely accused of a crime and facing up to 60 years in prison for it. I don't know any details, but I know it is really causing them a lot of pain. My prayer is that the truth will set the believer free.

Love you all!

Now.... off to attempt the seemingly impossible task of weight gain. Who would have thunk?

No comments: