Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The center of attention

I've never much liked being the center of attention.

If I can avoid it, I will.

Somehow I think Gabi Rae took after me in that area.

She loves one on one attention.

She adores hugs, tickle time, reading, cuddles, but....

Try and sing Happy Birthday to her and you will get a face like this.
She recovered enough to blow out the candles, although her aim was a tad off and big sister had to help out before her hair caught on fire.
Daddy got to help with the presents this time while mommy tried to keep up on what she was getting from whom.
She loved this baby, although I'm not sure we are quite ready for a real one again in the house if this is any indication of how they would be held. :-)

Thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts and for making it a great day! Grandma Karen once again opened her home for the party and it was greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She must be adjusting her spine. Kristi holds my newborns upside down all the time... She's just a chiropractor in the making....

Kristi said...

Brooke would always carry her baby around by it's hair. But luckily she never tried to carry Marcus around by his hair. So you might be okay with a new baby. Now that she has a new little cousin named Piper, all her babies are named Piper. Very cute to see how she's changed with playing with her doll as she's gotten older.

Mindy said...

What a darling little girl. You and Dustin are SO blessed!

Mandi said...

Oh Gabi! She is too cute...loving that face!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I'm the same way when it comes to attention and I think Lily takes after me in that area just like Gabi takes after you. She had a face very similar to Gabi's when we sang Happy Birthday to her this year :)