Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A lil' bit 'bout me :-)

I don't really like talking about me.


It gets a little bit uncomfortable at times, and often I feel like I'm monopolizing the conversation talking about my health.


If you have ever felt like that, I apologize.


But I also realize that you are praying for me and need to be updated, so here is a little update.


Since I've seen my nutritionist my wheeze has disappeared almost completely. Seriously. I've only heard it once or twice in the last three months. And when I heard it, I told it that it was really a pitiful excuse for a wheeze and should just disappear altogether. I think it might have listened because it hasn't dared show its wheezy little head since, but it can be a bit sneaky, so I'll let you know.


Since I've seen the chiropractor in Chicago I haven't been coughing up any blood.

That is a tidbit I didn't share with you.

The fact that I have coughed up blood.

You see, to me, coughing up blood is like sounding a death knell .

You know you are sick when you cough and there is blood in the mucus that comes up.

It's in all the movies, after all. And movies are always right!

At first it was just a tiny little bit. Less than a pencil eraser size.

A few times I coughed up quarter sized blood and mucus.

I about freaked out, but not quite. Well maybe a little bit....

The doctors said there wasn't much I could do about it.

My nutritionist said it was to be expected with a tumor in your lung.

My chiropractor wasn't even phased. He just said it was normal, as well.

And now, the problem is over and done with. Where it went, I don't know, but it is gone!

I still cough up mucus (sorry to gross you out with all this) because my chiropractor is inhumane and forces me to do a nebulizer with a solution that causes me to not only cough, but cough until I have tears coming out of my eyes. :-)

Doesn't that sound inhumane?

I know!

And I've become a spitter. Do you realize that I have had to stop the car, open the door and spit out what I've coughed up?

I have never been a spitter!

Never!

And, I must say, I'm not very good at it.

My admiration has gone way up for those who spit so far and accurately.

I never can seem to get it all out in one clean wad.

The last kind of drools out and I have to wipe it off.

It really is kind of humiliating not to be able to spit well.

Maybe I should work on it, but by the time I get good I probably won't need the skill anymore.

Ok, off that rabbit trail and back to what this is about. ( But aren't you so glad I digressed a bit so you could know this wonderful fact about me? )

Why he is making me cough up mucus, thus making me spit.

Who cares that he has this logical explanation that when the growth shrinks and dies I need to help get it out of there by coughing.

At least the coughing doesn't hurt. I can just get a lot of sympathy because of the tears it produces!

But, I feel great!

Not a 100%, but a lot better than the 30% I was feeling. I'd say I'm probably about at an 85%, which is HUGE for me.

I'm still cautiously optimistic, even though this feeling has now gone on for about a month now. I've felt good before and it somehow slips away from me.

The good chiropractor did restrict my diet a tad bit more. I'm not allowed to have fatty foods for a little bit.

Like no beef or pork, or avocados. Fried food, etc.

For a girl who has never gone on a diet in her life, not that I couldn't have used one on occasion, this is an eye opening experience.

I've decided that I don't much like them.

Thankfully this low fat diet, which is so my liver doesn't have to process all the fats and can work on healing itself of the growths that are on it, doesn't have to last that long.

However, I have this sneaking suspicion that a healthy diet is going to have to last forever.

There are days I really don't like that fact, but most of the time I don't mind. I honestly feel so much better when I eat my vegetables and avoid the icky processed foods.

Not that those processed foods haven't called my name on occasion.

Who knew that your mom was right when she told you you needed to eat your vegetables to grow healthy and strong?

We really should listen to our moms. It would save us a lot of trouble in the long run. Like tumors in the lung, for example. :-)


1 comment:

Mindy said...

So happy for this good news. This is amazing. I know how much hard work you have put into following all these diets and restrictions and I am encouraged by your faithfulness. So thankful to hear you are gaining strength and losing some of those awful symptoms!