Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gabiisms


My baby is growing up.

She talks.

She runs around singing Jesus Loves Me at the top of her lungs. That and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

We have to sing those both to her before she will even consider going to sleep.

The other day I strapped her into her car seat and then hopped into the drivers seat. We were off to meet Dustin and Karis. Her little voice sings out,

"I'm ready to roll, Mom!"

What? Where do they even hear these things?

Today she turned around on the bar stool, looked at me with her big blue eyes and super wide smile, and says,

"You the best mom I ever seen!"

I melted into a gooey puddle right then and there.

She loves to follow those declarations by running towards you and resting her precious little cheek on your hand.

Her favorite possession is her blanky, and you know what? I'm not going to try and take that away. For all I care she can take it with her when she is married! Let her husband deal with that one. :-)

I know she says a bunch of other precious things, but it's late and my brain is currently blank on them. I'm sure I'll be sharing more in the future.

I'm just glad that in her little eyes I'm still the best mom ever, even with all the craziness that has gone on during her little life.

God is so good! His mercies are new every morning! And He gives little ones short memories on the bad, lots of forgiveness, and a bunch of love to pass around.