Friday, April 9, 2010

More Karis Funnies

We were on our daily trek up to the farm on Wednesday.

Out of the backseat I hear,

"I have a hypothesis, mom."

First of all, it was too early in the morning to be talking about hypotheses.

Second, while I thought it meant theory, I couldn't quite remember, so I felt once again that my four year old was getting the better of me.

I bit, anyway, and asked.

"What is your hypothesis, Karis?"

"My hypothesis, mom , is that you have germs in your lung and that is why you have a tumor."

Just because I know it's been as long for most of you as it has for me in dealing with hypotheses, here is the definition.

A hypothesis (from Greek ὑπόθεσις; plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for an observable phenomenon.

And now, thanks to my four year old, I can type hypothesis in both the plural and singular form.




Last night my mom told me she was asking Karis if she would help them make Kringla cookies for Faith's graduation recital.

On Wednesday she had dipped over 100 cookie dough balls in flour for her Auntie Ellie.

That is a lot for a four year old.

After my mom's question she thought for awhile.

And thought some more.

And then, just for good measure, a little more.

She thought for so long that my mom was sure she was going to say "no way."

Instead, with much emphasis, she said,

"You can count me in!"

ooooo.... I hope I have a baker on my hands!




2 comments:

Mindy said...

She is so adorable! I wish you would video her so we can see her in action.

I can't believe she used the word HYPOTHESIS correctly! Yahoo! You have a brilliant baker on your hands.

Anonymous said...

I can totally believe Karis used hypothesis in the correct form. She's probably been planning and looking for just the right situation for weeks.