Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Uff da!

I love that word!

Not quite sure why, but it rolls off the tongue so nicely.

Also, you can use it in so many situations.

A stubbed toe.

Uff da!

Going to the store and forgetting your wallet. (does this happen to anyone else? and you don't discover it until you are checking out?)

Uff da!

Checking on your kids and discovering that they used Bottom Butter as Sunscreen for their pretend day at the beach.

Uff da!

Rushing to get the kids ready for church, hurriedly dressing yourself, arriving, then realizing that you forgot to even run a comb through your pulled back, slept on hair.

Uff da!

Plus, I feel very close to my Scandinavian roots as I say it.

It reminds me of my Grandma Ivy who will say Uff da Meg.

Not sure why Meg, but I like it.

But today I say Uff da because my tummy is full.

It has been full for the past three days.

I have proudly had Dustin admire my rounded belly.

1. Because I really am proud of it.

2. Because I know this is the only time in my life I will ask anyone to admire a belly of mine that sticks out.

He was a little concerned, wondering if I was eating too much.

I assured him that I felt great. No racing heart, just full. Uff da full. The only reason my belly was sticking out was because the rest of me was so straight.

Noelle actually told me that I should maybe consider those inserts they sell at Bed Bath and Beyond to fill out the backside of your jeans so mine didn't sag.

I have a few things to say about that.

1. What exactly do those inserts look like? Not sure I want to know. Although, I have wished for extra padding several times in the last months. Wonder if it works for that? Hard chairs are super uncomfortable when you have no padding. Everyone should pad their chairs.... :-) I may start a group on facebook about that.

Uff da!

2. The Beyond in the name of that store has always made me wonder. Now I understand. Since jean fillers and such don't fit under Bed or Bath, just throw in a Beyond and you can sell anything in that store. Beware the next time you step through the doors. :-)

Uff da!

3. My jeans are not going to sag for that much longer!

That's the update!

Now... I'm going to go and eat some protein and starch. Not too many veggies, though. Those make you lose weight, apparently. I can only have a cup to a cup and a half a day.

Uff da!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

UFFDA! Happy for your little rounded belly. My UFFDA Gramma, the one who loved to feed people, would be happy, too.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

uff da...got to remember that.