Monday, January 24, 2011

Check out my new doctor!

Sometimes seeing the same doctor can get a little boring.

Same faces, same nurses.

So... I've started seeing someone new.

I'll have to admit, I'm a little leery of her medical background.

It hardly seems she could have the experience she needs.

I will say she is positively the most adorable doctor I've seen so far.

In fact, I will admit that during my examination I had the most compelling desire to give her smooches.

She had me hold out my arm and very seriously attached the blood pressure cuff to my wrist.

After several pumps she paused.

"Will I be ok?" I asked?

She thought for a bit. Pumped a few more times.

"Yes, you will get better."

"Oh good. You know what would really make me better?"

"What?"

"Lots of hugs and kisses."

Once again she paused.

Looked at me with an adorable solemn expression and held up her hand.


"Doctors do not hug and kiss, they only wave."

I guess she told me. Probably won't be going around asking my doctors to hug and kiss me anymore. :-)

For the most part I'm very glad my doctors follow the no hug and kiss rule. :-)

I broke all rules with Dr. Rankin, however.

There are reasons I'm still stronger than her. :-)



I'm just glad she is so positive I'll get better. Love that in a doctor!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable! And who knows, maybe you'll be sharing this with her someday at her medical school graduation :)

Noelle said...

That is so sweet....love it! We missed you tonight sis!

Mindy said...

I've been thinking about changing doctors...is she taking new patients?