Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Help! It's a conspiracy!

This morning, as she always does, Gabi crawled into our bed to snuggle a bit before starting the day.

After a few minutes I heard her little voice saying,

"Mommy, do you have a baby in your tummy?"

What is up with babies in this house?

"I don't have a baby in my tummy, sweetie."

"Can't you put one there?" She said very matter-of-factly.

If this conspiracy among our children keeps up Dustin and I are going to be afraid to look at each other. :-)

I've had the "baby itch" myself a few times, but I didn't realize it could happen to your kids, as well.

On another note, I'm finally feeling better again. You had better believe I won't be taking any more pain meds unless I have to drag myself to the ER to get them administered.

Thankfully I don't need them that often, and I could kick myself because I only took the last ones for a silly headache.

Five days of recovery for a headache!

Hindsight is 20/20.

I'm just grateful to feel somewhat normal again. My first clue this morning that things were looking up was the fact that I unloaded the dishwasher.

I found myself thanking God that I could do it again.

I'm praying that the energy will hold out long enough to put the decorations away today. Otherwise they might stay up until Feb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I hope you told Dustin what Karis asked you this morning. I know Karis is young but she should kinda understand that you aren't physically able to put a baby in your tummy by yourself.