Sunday, September 12, 2010

Today I'm going to borrow an idea from a friend, who borrowed it from a blog she reads.

The idea was shared at least a month ago, but I've been putting it off.

Too often, lately, I found myself complaining and not being thankful.

So, here is the idea. Commit yourself to writing down 1000 things you are thankful for.

Since I'm not real good at following through myself, I think I'll keep accountable to you by just posting those random things on the end of my ramblings.

I'm sure many of them will seem odd, might not make sense, but I find I often need the reminder in my life.

So.... here goes the first few. 1000 seems like an awful lot right now. This could take years! :-)

1. I slept last night.

2. I felt like getting out of bed this morning when Gabi woke me up.

3. People bringing yummy meals that I don't have to cook.

4. Beautiful fall weather.

5. The hugs of a little girl who whispers "I love you, mommy" in my ear.

6. Forgetting to ask Gabi all during church if she had to go "tinkle" and discovering she still had a dry pull-up when we got home.

7. Gabi's strong bladder! God knew what I needed in this child!

8. That I can drink without gagging the new supplement drink I'm trying out! So many healthy things make you gag, I'm discovering. :-)

9. God's unlimited forgiveness when I rant and rave, sometimes blaming Him for how I feel. Thank you, God.....

10. Grandma taking Karis on a picnic by the pond.

11. Flip flops ( I will probably wear them until the first snow)




1 comment:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I'm not about to give up my flip flops yet either :)