Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hot diggity dog, it is cold out!

Ok, Jess, I know it isn't that cold here compared to there, but it is cold. I found out first hand when I went to get groceries this morning. I thought the car sounded a little funny, but my car always sounds funny, so I ignored it. After I finished my shopping I loaded up my groceries, quickly slipped behind the wheel, and turned the key.  Nothing. And, I haven't told my husband this yet, I had left my cell at home. Oops... exactly what he warns me about. :-)Rather than go into Hy-Vee and ask to use the phone I decided to walk the four blocks home. I didn't want Dustin to have to load up the girls in this weather - very noble, right? I grabbed my purse, put on my scarf, pulled up my hood (praise the Lord I had one) and started on my way. About 1/2 way home I wished I had called him. My legs were tingling, but I took that as a good sign because I could feel them :-), my face was freezing, and my lungs starting to burn. I would like to say it is because of the growth in them, but unfortunately I think it was because I ran half the way and I am decidedly out of shape. :-) Exercise here I come. 
I am safe and sound and the car is being towed as we speak. I think car shopping is on our list of things to do this week. Not exactly what we wanted to spend money on, but a necessary evil. 
Just so you know, I am staying inside for the rest of today. No more unexpected walks. 

3 comments:

Allison said...

Becca, I'm finally getting around to checking out your blog. It's a great way for me to keep up on the everyday stuff in your life. I won't tell you that yesterday it waas 50 here and we're supposed to hit 70 by the end of the week. I can't believe this Kansas winter (well it's more like spring). Any news on your car yet? Can you fix it or do you have to buy another one. I hate car shopping. It's painful.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! Your life is like mine! The saying is true you know - the good apples turn bad when around just even one bad apple. I'm sorry. :)

Jayne Stark said...

Karis is so cute in this picture and I want my house to be as clean as yours! I am sorry the other house sold. Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!