Friday, May 20, 2011

I wasn't sure what I was going to write about today...

Or if I would even write.

It's been one of those days.

Rainy - which I love, but it does put one in a reflective mood.

At least me.

I'm trying so very hard to not look at what I can't do, but what I can and be grateful for that.

Today I sent my girls out the door - and they were getting a little wild, so I'll admit I was ready to let them run at Grandma's house - with instructions for them to stop at the store and find a present for a party Karis was going to.

The very first friends birthday party she had been invited to.

She was beside herself with excitement.

I wanted so badly to be the one to buy the gift with her.

To wrap it and drop her off at the party.

But I just don't feel up to it.

Self pity came knocking and I had to do a bit of praying and crying before I could look at the positives of having a wonderful sister who would do all that for me so Karis could enjoy her day.

That place was eventually arrived at, but I'd be lying if I said it was easy and that a few tears don't still occasionally slip out.

One more thing... could you pray for a friend of mine? I just read minutes ago that her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.

That news would always make me sad before, but now I know... I know just how hard all of this is hitting them and how hard the journey will be.

Pray that they will feel God holding them close through all of this.

My cry is that God will heal her, and her grandbabies will be able to enjoy their grandma for a very long time!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Isn't it awesome to have the Lord who can meet us where we are and help us. I remember when my kiddos were going to family and hubby to work....and there I was in a lot of pain on the couch. The house was so quiet and I was lonely but when I turned my eyes to the Lord and quieted my spirit it was one of the sweetest times with the Lord! Praying for you today and for your friend's mom and family!
Psalm 57:1
Be merciful to me, o God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by.

Noelle said...

You brought tears to my eyes with this one sis! I was imagining Kalvyn going to his first birthday party, and not being able to help him experience it....it would be so hard. We love you, and we are here for any little or big thing you my need.