Sunday, October 11, 2009

Progress.




My wonderful husband, who as we know isn't at all mechanically or constructionally minded, hired someone to finish up our house. You have no idea how excited I am! They have only been over two days for fairly short periods of time, and already we are seeing amazing results. Let me share.

See those insignificant little light switches? I could kiss them! Really. In fact, I'm surprised I haven't. I came home to see them on the wall, rushed over, and just stood there, like Gabi, switching the kitchen and stair light on and off. On and off. You would think electricity had just been invented. I don't have to stumble down the stairs in the dark or pull a string for the kitchen light. I'm telling you, it is AMAZING!
I know you have already seen a picture of this, but what I didn't tell you was that the top drawer stuck all the time. It got so I didn't even bother to shut it all the way, just left it. Well, our contractor noticed it while they were working and wala, it was fixed when I came home. Yes, this deserved another happy dance, and I am forever grateful to our contractor for going above and beyond the call of duty. Funny what excites us as adults. In fact, I told Dustin we should hire him to come over everyday just to fix all these little things. I certainly understand why rich people have a resident handyman. When we are rich and famous I am going to get me one of those. :-)
Also, our ceiling no longer looks like the neighborhood torture chamber with nails sticking down from above. I had kind of gotten used to the midevil look, but I must say even this little bit is an improvement. There is hope and one day soon it will indeed be finished! Praise the Lord!

No comments: