Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pretend

Karis and Gabi have reached the stage that they are starting to play "pretend" together.

I've been dreaming of the day this would happen.

Yesterday my mom overheard a conversation between them.

Gabi had come up from the basement where they had been playing "mom and daughter."

Gabi was the mommy.

After a couple of minutes had gone by Karis crawled up the stairs, still very much the pretend baby girl.

"Mommy, Mommy, you need to come downstairs with me. Please Mommy."

Gabi, still very much in mommy mode says,

"I can't dear, I'm going stinky in my pull up."


I had to laugh and shake my head. What a thing for a mommy to say.

My precious baby girl is still terrified of going stinky on the potty chair and with the way things are around here we haven't pushed it.

She puts a pull up on all by herself.

Has no accidents.

Someday, I'm praying, it will all click.

For now, I'm just enjoying watching my little girls growing up and pretending together.

My mom is doing such a wonderful job with them. They are blossoming in ways I would have thought impossible in our situation.

God knew what He was doing when He gave me my mom.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

2 comments:

Teresa :-) said...

Hahahahaha!!! That girl cracks me up!!!!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

That made me laugh out loud :)