Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Humbled

I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday for a few reasons which I won't go into. It was silly. Is life a little tough.

Yes.

Do I really have it pretty good?

Yes again.

I realized how good when I read a facebook message a precious friend sent me. Because it had so much impact on my outlook I want to share it with you. That, and then maybe you can pray for Hannah, as well.



"I feel like telling you about a very sick little girl on campus here. Maybe in your "bored" times resting, you could pray for her, since you may know better how to pray for her than I do, and maybe it will help you too. Her name is Hannah and she became very sick in July. She's 12 years old. Since then, she has mostly been sick in the hospital with aplastic anemia. Basically, her body has no immune system. The doctors were waiting a while for her to be healthy to do a bone marrow transplant, but she just keeps getting sick, and sicker. So tomorrow they're doing the transplant. It's really dangerous with her being sick already. And her body will also be fighting to reject or accept the new bone marrow from her sister. She can get pretty discouraged with all the poking, pain, fevers, chills, surgeries, and chemo she has had, besides being separated from her beloved sisters. Last week she said, "I can't do it anymore." Pray for Hannah and her family in whatever way you think best!
Love ya, Rachel
Rev. 19:1 Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God"


Doesn't that just put everything in perspective?

I've said those very words. "I can't do it anymore."

And I am relatively healthy compared to her.

I am praying that the surgery is a success and that Hannah feels well again.

I am grateful to my friend for putting my life back in perspective and reminding me spend more time praying for those hurting around me instead of feeling sorry for myself.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Great reminder. I feel the same way when I read your blog. I am healthier than you and am always humbled by your attitude. Isn't the Lord good to ask us to bear one another's burdens? Partly to help them, partly to help us from looking too closely at our own burdens instead of the Burden Bearer. Loving you today!

Teresa :-) said...

Thanks for sharing that. It really does help put things into perspective. Praying for her and missing you. Oh, and praying for you today too :-)