Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Elijah and Jesus

Karis has been listening diligently to The Bible in Living Sound CD's during her afternoon quiet time and is learning so much about God's Word.

Today my mom relayed a conversation between Karis and her.

Karis came up to my mom and said very seriously, "Grandma, I think Jesus and Elijah are the same person."

My mom didn't know what to say. She couldn't think of anything they had talked about that would make Karis think Jesus was Elijah.

"Why do you think that, Karis?"

"Because Jesus and Elijah have the same voice."

It is so hard not to laugh at her and hurt her little feelings because she really does take these thoughts so seriously.

Fighting back laughter, my mom explained to her about the actors on the CD and how they sometimes had to play several parts.

I'm not sure if she belived her or not. :-)

We may have a bit more explaining to do later on.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I thought maybe her little brain was already wrapping around types of Christ in the Scriptures. How cute! She is so observant.

Anne said...

I was thinking the same thing--and very observant. Merry Christmas! :)

Teresa :-) said...

L.O.V.E.