Friday, July 9, 2010

I love my dad!


To my absolute shame I missed both my dad's birthday and Father's Day. No card, no present, no nothing.

Granted, he was in OR for his birthday and I was gone for Father's Day, but still, I feel horrible.

So.... not that I can possibly make it up to him, but at least all of you will know why I love my dad!



These are the two favorite men in my life. :-)

My dad taught me by example what it means to be a good husband and father, and I'm so glad he didn't just step out of the father role when I got married.

One of the things I love about him is that he has never, ever been a pushy dad. But... he is always there when we need him.

I remember when Dustin and I were dating and hit a rough patch. I didn't know what to do, I was crying, and all I wanted was my dad. I don't even remember what Dad said to me, but what I do remember was his arms that held me while I cried it all out. Somehow it made it all better. (And obviously Dustin and I got through that rough patch:-)

There is just something to a dad's hug.

I snuggled up next to him on the 4th and felt the same sense that I always have.

Safety.

Security.

Unconditional love.

As the above picture shows, as well, he demonstrates his love by doing.

Our wood floor would probably still be unfinished if he hadn't helped us with the last three feet, or so, not to mention the hallway, etc.

Our laundry room has an organizational system thanks to him.

Our stairway is fixed.

We have bookshelves in the basement.

Dresser drawers in the nursery....

Anyway, you get the picture. :-)

One last thing about my dad. He isn't into jewelry, he never wears anything but his wedding band. Yet, ever since I've been sick, he has his yellow bracelet on.

I love that.

Just another visual sign that he loves each of us girls so much and is constantly thinking of our well being, even after we have moved out of his home and made lives of our own.

Love you dad! Thanks for always being that solid person I can count on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. I love dads. Yours too.

artbynoelle said...

I was just thinking the other day how I REALLY missed dad! I wished that for just a moment I could be a little girl again and slide from his knee to the floor after he came home from work!