Friday, July 30, 2010

God is Good!

Lately, when people have been asking me how I'm doing, my standard answer is "fine".

One man said, "No, how are you really doing?"

Another dear friend said, "Liar".

That started me thinking. They were both right to call me on my answer.

I'm not fine.

Life is tough.

But I don't want to complain all the time, either, so I am borrowing a phrase our pastor shared a few sundays ago about a man he knew.

When asked how he was doing he would always say, "God is good!"

This is true, no matter what.

I may be having a really hard day, but God is good.

It's not just a trite answer, either. it is the truth in my life.

God has never let me down.

No matter what the struggle I'm going through He always puts in some little thing to let me know He is there, that He is good, and that He is in control.

I'll share an example in my next post. :-)


1 comment:

Mindy said...

I always find that question hard, because you can't always judge the asker correctly. Some want to hear "fine." Others want to hear it all. Sometimes I have told the truth and they didn't want to hear it, other times I have cried and they didn't want to see my tears. Sometimes, the people who really want to know, get the "fine" answer.

I love your new line, because it really is about Him, not us, isn't it?