Friday, December 4, 2009

No quiet time, yet...

As I'm typing this, thinking I should have done my devotions, I'm listening to Steve Green's Hide'Em In your Heart Bible Memory Melodies. My mom gave us these CD's and Dvd's (The styles of the dvd's are clearly late 80's and early 90's, but the content isn't hurt by this) when Karis was born. I LOVE them. Some scripture memory cd's are corny, but he has done such a good job with these. The melodies are catchy, not monotonous, and teach great truths. Plus it is pure Scripture, no add ins. I have apologized more than once to my kids because of these convicting me. And my heart is thrilled when my little one goes around singing, "Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies." or "Hosanna to the King of Kings, Hosanna to the Highest."

What does this have to my devotions? Well, I almost feel like I've had a full dose of the Word just cleaning my basement and checking my e-mail. So, if you want something uplifting for your kiddos to listen to, check these out. You will be blessed, as well.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

My kids LOVED these growing up! I gave them away when Jon outgrew them, but before Beka came along. We have toyed with the idea of buying them again because they are so valuable. My older kids can sing ALL the songs.

Laura Beth said...

Becca, I just started reading your blog ... based on my mothers recommendation :) I JUST mentioned Steve Green's songs in my blog cuz I teach his songs to all my kids in Honduras and they love them! Hope you are doing well today, I will continue reading!