Sunday, December 13, 2009

A little better....

The pain is pretty much gone, praise the LORD. Now if it will just stay away until at least after Christmas.

I'm having a slight problem with insomnia. I had this same thing after Karis was born, and I'm not exactly sure what causes it. Last night was better, but still not great. At least I got more than 2 hours of sleep, which was a blessing.

On the other hand the pain and lack of sleep has had it's benefits. :-) A lack of appetite does have a way of shrinking ones size. :-) Those stubborn last pounds are slowly coming off. Now if I can just keep it that way.

Last night my sisters and I, plus a friend, had the privilege of playing some background music for our church plants Christmas party. It was so fun to see how they have gone from a few people to an autonomous body of believers in the last five years. God has done great things.

Our second church plant has been a special blessing to Dustin and I. One of his highschool friends met up with the pastor of the plant while playing basketball and started attending services. Dustin has witnessed to him over the years so was thrilled when he walked into Verizon last week and the first words out of his mouth were "I got saved last week." Makes me tear up even now as I think of how God works. One waters and another reaps. :-)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Praise the Lord! What a joy to hear of a soul saved. It gives us all great encouragement to keep witnessing.