Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Patience

This was something I prayed for in my teens and it is something the Lord never ceases to teach me. I once heard someone say that you should never pray for patience because you get enough learning situations without it. I tend to agree.

This remodel project has been one patience producing time after another. :-)  I'll just share a few of them. The toe kick saw, to finish the last bit of pulling the floor up, was rented in West DesMoines. The first time I picked it up only to get home and discover it was the wrong saw. I have never seen one of these before, so obviously I didn't know. The second time I brought it home it was the right saw, just didn't work. Needless to say I will not be using this rental place again - ever. But, I do know it will all work out. :-)

The countertop got installed today - I love it. But... I opened the box for our new granite sink  only to discover it had a huge crack down the middle Ahh... :-) But, the Lord provided another one quickly and I will get to exchange the broken one. Another praise. 

My new stairs, or should I say hole in the floor, are proving to be quite the problem to build, but I'm sure it will get done, and no, we won't be stair less for the rest of our lives. 

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea. I have decided that either couples who purposely move over and over again to remodel are crazy or amazing. They have my deepest respect. :-) 

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow - or someday soon. :-) 

I'm off to get a little sleep. 

1 comment:

Allison said...

Any type of construction project needs patience. I do feel your pain. I've been there. My mom once had to go an entire winter in ND without kitchen cabinets and studs and insulation for walls in her kitchen. I don't know how she did it without killing my dad.