Friday, September 25, 2009

You may laugh...

But this is a fairly typical image at our house. Our kitchen table has become the home of teenie, weenie, meanie, and teenie and weenie. (there are five of them, but Karis only has three names, so we have to use doubles.) As well as Milo, the Mantis.

My respect for the tadpoles is daily growing. From all reports they are hard to keep alive with as little care as we are giving them, yet, they are thriving - and hardy. They have to be since the daily thrill is to pick the poor things up. We have had several conversations about how they can't breath out of the water yet. How you need to be gentle. Gabi and I tend to have the same reaction when they are close. Ewww... and back away. Not Karis, and obviously not Owen. The highlight of his visit was the fact that they got to take all five of them out so I could clean the tank. You may not know this, but Tadpoles go to the bathroom quite regularly and in vast quantities. Oh the things I get to learn these days. Science class, here I come.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

We should have tried tadpoles. We have killed so many goldfish, betas and hermit crabs I'm surprised PETA hasn't attacked my house.

Anonymous said...

You're so brave and even nicer. Did I say brave?