Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I beginning to believe....

I'll admit, I've been a little discouraged about my Dr. in St Louis. I want a quick fix. Results now. No, yesterday.

On my first visit he clearly told me that it could take trying two, or maybe three different things before we figure out exactly what my problem is. But I didn't want to believe it. Yesterday I was really down. I felt awful, and I was so discouraged. After all, it's been a year and a half. Why can't he fix me now? Never mind that he has only had three visits and as many months. Aren't these more natural Dr. supposed to be able to heal you immediately? I was ready to quit the whole thing and go get my lung cut out. I'm afraid I let my attitude and discouragement pour out to my mom. God bless mom's. They put up with a lot.

It wasn't until last night that I realized Dr. Yu might actually be on to something with me. My blood test showed that I was extremely allergic to Spinach. My thoughts about that were, "Whatever, who is really allergic to spinach?" Well, I had some spinach lasagna for supper Saturday night. The spinach, the dairy, lots of dairy, the chocolate, the sugar.... mmmm....everything on my do not have list. Well, Sunday I felt fine, Monday.... health crash. All the symptoms he said I would have I had. Irritated, depressed, tired,no energy, insomnia, etc. I had it. So, I'm taking my supplements to balance out my body and being a good girl and avoiding all those yummy but bad for me foods. Maybe the good Dr. knows what he is talking about, after all. I guess I'm willing go keep on for awhile. :-) God has led this way for the moment, so I need to trust. I also need to be open for when He leads another way, as well. We may be headed up to Mayo Clinic the first of next year. We'll see.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Is he having you take out the foods then reintroduce them later? Did he do blood allergy tests on all the major foods and spices? Isn't it hard to say NO to foods you love? I'm almost afraid to go get my testing done, but it is on my list of things to do soon! Praying for you.