Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Out of order

I am so far behind, that I'm not going to even follow any kind of order. Just know that it happened sometime in the last two months.

This weekend the girls and I went to Okaboji with my parents for a family reunion. I haven't been in years, but knew that the girls would love it. And they did. Here are just some of the things we did.


Early morning walk to the lake with Grandma and Grandpa. Believe it or not, this was our second of the morning, and this picture was taken at 7:30a.m. Before that our itinerary goes as follows. Wake up at 6:00. Sneak out for a walk at 6:20, grabbing a chocolate chip cookie on the way out (we were hungry). Take a walk through the dark, scary woods to the sunrise. Realize that the sun didn't want to rise, yet (too early, can you blame him?) and returned at 6:45 to see if Grandma and Grandpa were up yet to take the girls on a Kayak ride. Thankfully they were.
Karis was THRILLED to sleep on the top bunk. I wasn't sure how it would go, but it was as smooth as can be. She is super excited to get a bunk bed in her room. Hopefully in the next couple of months.
Grandpa took them on a fun bike ride.
The best seat in the house.
Loved the teeter totter, oh excuse me, the see saw. Karis informed me that there was no such thing as a teeter totter. :-)
This park may have been the highlight. We spent several happy hours here. Karis loved the rocket slide and adored the pony swings.
All in all a fun weekend. I'm sure, if at all possible, we will be back next year. Next time we will take Daddy with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember pony swings! I loved them too!