Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We survived!

I don't know what it is about this year. Dustin was sick on Sunday and Gabi started throwing up around 12:30 pm and didn't stop until 3:30 am. I changed several times as I was literally soaked in vomit to my underwear. I know, too much info, but I wanted to share just a little bit of how hard that day was. I wasn't happy with God, at all. AFter all, He could have kept us healthy, right? My attitude wasn't helped at all by the fact that the night before I had been up all night because Karis had a sore throat and woke up with yet another ear ache. (She has only had two in her lifetime, but when they are a month apart it seems like a lot) Yes, my attitude stunk. About half way through Gabi's throwing up marathon the verse "Rejoice always.." came annoyingly through my mind. That got me to thinking that Paul wrote that while in prison, and prison back then wasn't anything like prison now. It was AWFUL! Ok, so I had no excuse. I was sitting in a cushy lazy-boy-chair (yes leather, I was thanking God we bought a leather couch, as this chair, too, got it's share of vomit.) rocking a precious baby girl who looked so confused and sad to be sick, cuddling me. Not exactly a Roman prison. And, when things got too rough, my amazing sister came and rescued me by putting karis to bed and cleaning my kitchen! No it wasn't an easy day, but God did get me through it, and hopefully I learned a little more patience and trust in Him. 

We are HEALTHY again! I'm hoping it lasts. Warm weather is coming, so we have to start staying better, right? I'd better check into building our immune systems up:-)  Love you all!

No comments: