Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The tooth

I haven't posted because I've been waiting to download all the beautiful pictures I took.

Something seems to be wrong in that department, so instead of waiting until it works I'll do a quick update.

My tooth.

I still have it.

My visions were going in there, getting the tooth pulled, infections gushing out, my problems slowly slipping away with the infection.

Alas, that was not to be.

I did get the filling in the tooth removed and replaced.

Dr. Yu, my Dr. in St. Louis, sent me up to WI specifically because he thought if the tooth could be saved Dr. Cook, the dentist, could save it.

Well.... Dr. Cook thought there was no reason to pull the tooth and that changing the filling should do the trick. The filling had some toxic metals that were bad for my system in it.

I don't know what to think.

Our plans are to head down to St. Louis to have Dr. Yu check me out again.

I'm consulting with a naturopathic Dr. out in Denver, Co. over the phone and with blood samples for his opinion. And we are looking into the American Cancer Society.

Pray that God will show us what step to take next.

So... there you have it. The update on my tooth. No miraculous recovery yet, but it could help. We will see. :-)

I'm going to be very honest and tell you that my discouragement has reached an all time low. Please specifically pray that I won't give into despair and will cling to the knowledge that my Savior knows exactly what He is doing with me.

5 comments:

Anne said...

When I was at my sickest with Lyme disease I went to Sierra Integrative Medicine in Reno, Nevada. They treat all kinds of diseases. I am just telling you this as an option.
Praying for wisdom and the right doctor.
Lord Bless!

Amy said...

Praying for our glorious savior to wrap you in his arms and lift you up in abundant love. His will for you is to trust Him. Sounds so easy, yet it is one of the most difficult things to do, as humans.

Rosanne said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. I'm sure it's hard not to feel disappointed and discouraged. Hang in there - praying God will strengthen you physically and emotionally.

Teresa :-) said...

Psalm 46


Psalm 46
<< Psalm 45 | Psalm 46 | Psalm 47 >>
God Is Our Fortress
To the choirmaster. Of the Sons of Korah. According to Alamoth. [1] A Song.

46:1 God is our refuge and strength,
a very present [2] help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy habitation of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
6 The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
he utters his voice, the earth melts.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah

8 Come, behold the works of the Lord,
how he has brought desolations on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the chariots with fire.
10 “Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!”
11 The Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah

We read this in out pre-service prayer time and I thought of you. Love you my dear, dear friend.

bradwidman said...

In Christ alone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Om-QYf80Ck