Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Health update

At the moment I am recovering from a nasty cold, but aside from that and the lack of sleep I am feeling remarkably well. Now that I'm not coughing my lung out because of the cold I am noticing that my continual cough is going away. I can sit for half an hour and not have a hack. We were talking about that last night and Noelle commented on the fact that she would know I was in the house because I was always coughing. I am proud to say that while I still cough - and I'm thinking a lot of it is due to the cold, still- that is no longer the case. I can be quiet just like everyone else. Once again, I'm letting my hopes creep up, but not too far yet.

I had a blood test for allergies done the last time I went to the Dr. The nurse called me to report what I needed to avoid for the moment. I'll just give you the highlights.

Spinich is number 1. Good thing I'm not Popeye:-)
Also, Bananas, Almonds, Dairy, Chocolate, Sugar, and Coffee. The last one isn't a big deal for me, but the others? Especially the last three. Now, I'm not off these for life, they are just ones I should avoid for now. I haven't actually talked to the Dr to see why, so I'll give more details after my appointment on Sept. 16th. I moved it back from the 26th of this month because I wanted to be all done with my parasite meds. The second round is going so much better than the first. As usual, the last ten days are worse than the first, but nothing to really complain about. And the good thing? So far I haven't seen one single parasite! That is how I like it!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Glad to hear you aren't coughing as much. Continuing to pray for your strength and health. Today I went to the zoo for five hours, came home and rested, then made dinner. I did two things in one day! Yahoo! PACE not PUSH!