Friday, October 30, 2009

I am weary...

I opened my Bible today to Prov. 30 and the first verse grabbed me. I don't have my Bible in front of me, so it said something like, "I am weary O Lord and worn out." That struck a chord. I feel pretty good, actually, as far as my lung and general health goes, but for some reason I am just worn out - weary. It could be everything combined. My health, the busy girls, some sleepless nights and the never ending remodel that is about to end. I guess added up it would make one weary. :-) In verse eight He says, "I am a shield to those who take refuge in Him." That is what I want today. Just to curl up behind that shield and take refuge in the one who created me and controls the circumstances in my life. I figure since He did all of that He should know how to handle it better than me. :-)

No comments: